- 1 lb mushrooms - cut into strips. Your choice on mushrooms. I would recommend shiitake, hen of the woods, oyster or chanterelle as they are thick and meaty. They all provide high amounts of potassium and have been used for millennia for boosting immune systems.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic (yes, more garlic)
- 1/2 cup shallot or leek chopped or scallion as a substitute (immune boosting)
- 1 TBL fresh lemon juice plus zest if desired (antioxidant vit. C)
- 1/4 tsp of CALABASH Jerk Seasoning (warms the circulatory system/libido)
- 2 tsp CALABASH Herb de Provence (anti-bacterial/fungal)
Over medium heat, preheat your cast iron skillet.
Add the oil - do not let oil smoke.
Stir in the shallots/leeks or scallion and garlic and coat in oil.
Add mushrooms and stir.
Mix 1/2 tsp of arrowroot, the Jerk seasoning and Herb de Provence into 1/3 cup cold water and pour into the pot.
Cover pot and continue to cook over medium high Heat for 5 minutes more.
Serve warm over the Mofongo.
My family likes when I plate a mound of Mofongo and hollow out dip in the middle that will get filled with the gravy and mushrooms.
Don't lose your Knarrative Account!
Your free account is scheduled to be removed from the site by April 30th, 2022. Upgrade to a monthly or yearly subscription to continue using Knarrative and unlock all available resources today!