Gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian
Prep time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 20 mins.
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup polenta or corn grits
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (sunflower or sunflower oil)
- Dash of red pepper flakes to taste
Put water in a saucepan with salt and oil. Bring water to boil. Add the polenta while stirring well. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent lumps. Cover and turn off.
- 1 lb. mushrooms - cut into strips. Your choice on mushrooms. I would recommend shiitake, hen of the woods, oyster or chanterelle as they are thick and meaty. They all provide high amounts of potassium and have been used for millennia for boosting immune systems.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 cloves minced fresh garlic (Yes, more garlic!)
- 1/2 cup shallot or leek chopped or scallion as a substitute (Immune boosting.)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice plus zest if desired (Provides the antioxidant, vitamin C.)
- 1/4 tsp. of CALABASH Jerk Seasoning (Warms the circulatory system & increases libido.)
- 1 tsp. CALABASH Herb de Provence (Anti-bacterial/anti-fungal.)
Don't lose your Knarrative Account!
Your free account is scheduled to be removed from the site by April 30th, 2022. Upgrade to a monthly or yearly subscription to continue using Knarrative and unlock all available resources today!